Newquay Marine Group are offering hotel guests a chance to join us on our Wild Activities.
Discover something new about Newquay while on your holidays.
We are offering two activities during half term week – sign up to either our amazing Rockpool Rambles or our gorgeous Wildlife Walks.
Details and information on how to sign up is below
Join our marine biology experts on a ramble through the Fistral Beach rockpools. An expert guide will help to discover the weird and wonderful plants and animals that live on our seashore and how they have adapted to living in this challenging environment.
While being guided around the amazing rockpools, data of which species are seen will be collected and added to the ShoreSearch Survey citizen science app. This data is then part of the national collection that feeds into local, regional, and national policy.
2.5 hours £15 per person. Includes pasty lunch. Suitable for individuals and families.
Led by experts in wildlife and the history of Newquay, our guided nature walks will be a way of experiencing Newquay from a local’s perspective. The route will take in headlands, woods and meadows and the coast and will show you secret spots, bringing the culture and past of Newquay to life while looking for wildlife along the way.
All species will be recorded and added to the local record centre database. This joins the national collection that feeds into local, regional and national policy.
2.5 – 3 hours £15 per person. Includes pasty lunch. Suitable for individuals and families with children over the age of 9.
All the Info
- Bespoke and attentive experience in a small group.
- Available for individuals and families (rockpool available for children of all ages, the walk available for children over 9s)
- Pick up from accommodation and transport back to your hotel at the end.
- 3 hours from when we pick you up to drop you home.
- Full safety briefing
- Private expert for your group
- Fully guided walk around the rockpools or a fully guided walk around the headlands, coasts and secret spots of Newquay
- Information on the area, the history, the habitats and the environment as well as the conservation work in the area.
- Species data will be added to our local record centre online portal citizen science databases
- Equipment including binoculars, buckets, nets.
- Any issues or litter we see will be reported to our partners at Newquay Clean.
- Refreshments and a snack
- Feedback and species list of what was seen
- Litter pickers to collect any rubbish seen while exploring.
How to Book
All events and times are available to all guests – if there is demand, we can put extra events on.
Rock Pool Ramble: Tuesday 31st May – Pick up from your hotel at 11.30am – back at your hotel by 3.30pm latest. Max guests = 8 people.
Rock Pool Ramble: Wednesday 1st June – Pick up from your hotel at 11.30am – back at your hotel by 3.30pm latest. Max guests = 8 people.
Wildlife Walk: Friday 3rd June – Pick up from your hotel at 11.30am – back at your hotel by 3.30pm latest. Max guests = 8 people.
Wildlife Walk: Saturday 4th June – Pick up from your hotel at 11.30am – back at your hotel by 3.30pm latest. Max guests = 8 people.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what day you are interested in.
Or give us a call on 07805 674464 (Laura) or 07896 164574 (Liz) to put your name down.
Please pay at the time of booking. Please also let us know any food preferences of allergies.
Newquay marine Group. Lloyds Bank. Acc: 23232868. Sort code: 30-96-03
A Bit More Info
Environment: our activities have an environmental focus. The activities will be outdoors to enjoy the Newquay coastline. (If the weather is bad there will be alternatives or a cancellation policy available.)
They will also input in some way into conservation strategy. This might include citizen science data collection, working with well-known organisations that collect data on certain species or habitats and active protection of a site such as through a beach clean. Each activity will be bespoke and so the environment input will also be specific.
We want you to see a different side to Newquay and meet its wildlife locals!